ACH stands for Automated Clearing House. An ACH payment is a type of electronic bank-to-bank payment in the US. Payments via ACH are made through the ACH network, rather than going through the card networks such as Visa or Mastercard. The advantages to ACH are:
- It is an electronic transfer
- Saves time, fewer checks to write and mail
- Can be scheduled. (you control the schedule)
- Helps pay your bills in a convenient and timely manner – even if you’re out of town.
- Helps maintain good credit – your payment is always on time.
- Saves postage.